The COVID SAFE obligations are onerous and it is made more difficult given the Lodge has shared communal areas and no lodge manager. Talara’s COVID Safe Plan can be downloaded here.
If you intend on submitting a booking request, please ensure you have read the plan and will follow the plan during your stay. We have made a number of changes for the season and these changes will remain in place so long as we are required to be COVID safe. The changes are summarised as follows.
- The Lodge capacity has been reduced, allowing for a maximum capacity of 20 guests. Room 8 is not available for bookings.
- The Lodge is restricted to members and their guests.
- Only members of the same family / household can stay in the same room.
- You MUST stay in the room you have been allocated. You may not move to another room even if it is empty during your stay.
- There will be a $50 per room cleaning surcharge for all bookings, regardless of the length of the booking.
- All communal areas, bathrooms and occupied rooms will be cleaned weekly.
- You will need to bring your own pillows and blankets. ALL COMMUNAL ITEMS HAVE BEEN REMOVED. Mattress protectors are provided.
- Guests need to adhere to all room capacity limits.
- Hand sanitizer, cleaning instructions and other information will be provided throughout the Lodge.
- Guests are required to assist with regular daily cleaning and social distancing. Including:
- Cleaning of bathroom and toilet surfaces, Handrails, Doorknobs and Other high touch surfaces.
- Refilling of hand sanitisers.
- Notifying the Bookings Manager if any items need to be restocked.
- Ensuring that cleanliness and social distancing is being maintained.
- The kitchen will have a 4-person limit and therefore members and their guests are encouraged to limit the preparation of food.
- It is recommended that guests bring pre-prepared meals that require limited assembly and re-heating. Guests should try to limit their time in the kitchen to 30 minutes.
- All dishes need to be cleaned through the dishwasher – no hand washing.
- Guests in rooms 1 & 7 should only use their own bathroom.
- All other guests are to use the male / female bathrooms as usual.
- The Lodge captain can expel any guest from the lodge who is not following the Talara COVID Safe Plan.
- All members and guests must sign the attached waiver at the time of booking.
- On arrival, all members and their guests must register using the Service NSW app on their phone and the QR code provided.